We hereby pledge:
- To spend intimate, quantity time with our family.
- To actively help the poor, the sick, the lonely, and the helpless.
- To value, protect, and advocate for children.
- To de-emphasize the importance of “stuff” in our lives.
- To bring publicity to good causes and good people.
- To live with intentionality, as if this year was our very last.
- To observe the needs in our country/community – and then do something about them.
- To give – every day.
Wow! It's beautiful! You guys are rockin' it!
Nice! Y'all will be hitting the road in no time. It's so exciting to watch it all come together.
I had a Ford before my Tahoe, LOVED it. RT @stephsday: Feel free to "un-like" Chevrolet on fb. We bought a @Ford. ;) http://bit.ly/gP64n2
Congrats! One more item crossed off the to-do list!
Some more suggested to-dos ('cause I know you don't have enough..;)
- A low-profile toolbox for the bed. Ours holds all tools plus trailer levelers, wheelchocks, truck fluids and still has enough empty space for groceries or laptops.
- Additional rear lighting. I used "tractor lights" from Tractor Supply - these help greatly when setting up the trailer after dark, also just when backing up in dark campgrounds.
- On board air. Not sure if Tim had this on his Jeep or not, I did but find it way more useful on the truck now. Being able to keep all tires at proper inflations without having to negotiate the trailer into a gas station for that purpose is really nice. I did a write-up of my install here: http://b4a.us/a/4984
Not sure if you guys are planning on hauling bikes, but we had a terrible time keeping 4 adult-size bikes on the back of the trailer and ended up putting a Yakima rack system on the roof of the truck. So far so good. If we didn't need to stand on the bed edges to get bikes up on the truck I'd also be looking for a vinyl tonneau cover for use when not towing - so you can use more of the bed for "secure" storage.
Thanks for the suggestions. Good ideas.
Too bad my fiberglass tonneau can't roll up. It looks good, but is big and heavy and I don't have long to sell it.
Way to go, you guys! You are TCB!
So excited to hear about all your travels! Boo on Chevy! I was pulling for you on Twitter!
Thank you, Janelle. We noticed your support (and we appreciate you). :)