We hereby pledge:
- To spend intimate, quantity time with our family.
- To actively help the poor, the sick, the lonely, and the helpless.
- To value, protect, and advocate for children.
- To de-emphasize the importance of “stuff” in our lives.
- To bring publicity to good causes and good people.
- To live with intentionality, as if this year was our very last.
- To observe the needs in our country/community – and then do something about them.
- To give – every day.
In the middle of a big snowstorm last winter, at night when I was trying to put the dogs in their kennels in the shed to give them a little more protection from the cold, wind and snow one of our black labs ran off. We were in a "state of emergency" the blizzard was that bad - and my husband had already gotten ready for bed. I called our town's online newspaper and begged a favor - so they posted Drake's description on Facebook - we received 3 phone calls in less than 10 minutes and had the dog back where he should be by the time my husband was dressed, bundled up and heading out. It certainly is a blessing when others take the time to help you find a lost pet!
Great story! Glad your dog was safe. Social Media has so much potential. Good job FB.