We hereby pledge:
- To spend intimate, quantity time with our family.
- To actively help the poor, the sick, the lonely, and the helpless.
- To value, protect, and advocate for children.
- To de-emphasize the importance of “stuff” in our lives.
- To bring publicity to good causes and good people.
- To live with intentionality, as if this year was our very last.
- To observe the needs in our country/community – and then do something about them.
- To give – every day.
One of the fun things I remember doing as a kid is having picnics! We couldn't afford to eat out often or go to amusement parks and things like that - but Mom knew how to make a simple day fun - with a picnic a frisbee and the great outdoors!
Ahhh...giving a picnic. What a beautiful idea. We are all so busy - this is like giving people peace and a slice of well-deserved time. What a gift!
What a lovely way to spend a day. A picnic in what looks like a Monet painting:)