We hereby pledge:
- To spend intimate, quantity time with our family.
- To actively help the poor, the sick, the lonely, and the helpless.
- To value, protect, and advocate for children.
- To de-emphasize the importance of “stuff” in our lives.
- To bring publicity to good causes and good people.
- To live with intentionality, as if this year was our very last.
- To observe the needs in our country/community – and then do something about them.
- To give – every day.
I love the giving movement that you are starting! It makes me take note of the little & big ways I can give to my family, friends, and those I don't know everyday.
What a great idea (and not just b/c you're giving away free stuff! LOL). I have been reading your site from the beginning. I get your emails daily and even though I sometimes don't comment, I read every day! :) Your posts have been making me more conscious of whether I gave that day or not... sometimes I tend to think of giving a as a LARGE gesture, like giving a good amount of money or a whole day's work effort or a present. But you're making me think about the little ways of giving. I am definitely participating in this igive launch b/c I need to be more aware of giving. I think if I challenge myself to post a comment daily about how I gave, it'll make me more aware. And that will be good for me, even if I never win a prize! :) Thanks! You two have the best imaginations!!! :)
Amy said it right! You guys are starting a giving movement :)
This is really great! I am so thankful of what you, Stephanie and the girls are doing. Showing others what you give is so amazing. Initially as I read this I felt like I did not want to share. I did not want to have any of the "glory" for my actions. But I think I am starting to get it now. I feel that showing how we gave is just us being a great example for others. Giving others ideas and showing how we are blessed through our giving. Encouraging others to take the leap and give it a try also.
Thanks for all of your examples. You are really doing God's work!