We hereby pledge:
- To spend intimate, quantity time with our family.
- To actively help the poor, the sick, the lonely, and the helpless.
- To value, protect, and advocate for children.
- To de-emphasize the importance of “stuff” in our lives.
- To bring publicity to good causes and good people.
- To live with intentionality, as if this year was our very last.
- To observe the needs in our country/community – and then do something about them.
- To give – every day.
Wow. You must have heard so many great stories from all the people you have met in your travels. I hope you are journaling all of them somewhere. Combine them with this blog and you have the makings of a great book.
I agree with Jessica, there's definitely a book deal here! Good for you for helping this man. I'm sure he needed a friendly ear to listen to him.
I would have asked you to climb on the roof... heights aren't my thing :) I think the biggest help you gave though was listening and praying - we could all use some more of that in our lives.